Monday, October 5, 2009

United Plant Savers - Stewards of Healing Herbs

United Plant Savers is an organization I have been involved with more many years. Their mission statement is to protect native medicinal plants of the United States and Canada and their native habitat while ensuring an abundant renewable supply of medicinal plants for generations to come.

With the growing interest in plant medicine and herbalism, it is so important now more than ever to think about the origins of the herbs you purchase. Is your chamomile being picked by immigrant workers who work very long hours in deplorable conditions and paid a wage that isn't enough to put food on their tables? Chamomile that is ecologically grown and harvested by people who are paid a living wage and have a reverence for the herb and our planet is GOOD medicine.

I would like to share this wonderful You Tube video I recently stumbled upon about United Plant Savers. Many of my mentors and herbal teachers speak with such eloquence and passion. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.



To find out more about United Plant Savers, please visit their website as http://www.unitedplantsavers.org/

Many Green Blessings!

1 comment:

Susan Landes said...

Thank you for posting this video. I enjoyed it.